Be sure to check out this fund drive for donating money to the University of Kansas Cancer Center!
Organizer: KC Flight
Beneficiary: The University of Kansas Cancer Center
Notes: KC Flight is raising money to donate to The University of Kansas Cancer Center during the Kansas City Chiefs Breast Cancer Awareness game on October 13th, 2013
According to the CDC (Center for Disease Control):
Breast Cancer Statistics
Not counting some kinds of skin cancer, breast cancer in the United States is—
- The most common cancer in women, no matter your race or ethnicity.
- The most common cause of death from cancer among Hispanic women.
- The second most common cause of death from cancer among white, black, Asian/Pacific Islander, and American Indian/Alaska Native women.
For more information, visit Cancer Among Women.
In 2009 (the most recent year numbers are available)—
- 211,731 women and 2,001 men in the United States were diagnosed with breast cancer.*†
- 40,676 women and 400 men in the United States died from breast cancer.*†
*Incidence counts cover approximately 90% of the U.S. population; death counts cover approximately 100% of the U.S. population. Use caution when comparing incidence and death counts.
†Source: U.S. Cancer Statistics Working Group. United States Cancer Statistics: 1999–2009 Incidence and Mortality Web-based Report. Atlanta (GA): Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and National Cancer Institute; 2013. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/uscs.